FAQs for Complete Probiotic Solution with FOS
1. Why did Dr. Connealy create this product?
Dr. Connealy knows that proper digestion of food and nutrient absorption are essential components of good health.
Probiotics—literally meaning "life-giving"—is a term used to describe a live microbial supplement that beneficially affects the host by improving microbial balance. There are over 400 different species of bacteria residing in the intestinal tract. These beneficial bacteria are important for maintaining a normal, healthy intestinal tract (gut). As we age, the levels of some beneficial bacteria decline and therefore supplementation with probiotics is important.*
Fructo oligo saccharides (FOS) are short chains of sugar molecules that act as prebiotics in the body. Prebiotics are non-digestive portions of food (like fiber) that help stimulate the growth and activity of the healthy bacteria residing in the gut. Essentially, they are food for your friendly flora.*
Newport Natural Health's Complete Probiotic Solution with FOS combines several probiotic strains with FOS to balance the bacteria in your gut. Dr. Connealy included FOS in this combination to help feed the beneficial bacteria and help them colonize in the gut. This combination provides a range of benefits—from gut health to immune support and relief from occasional diarrhea.
2. Who should take this product?
Dr. Connealy recommends that everyone add Complete Probiotic Solution with FOS to their daily supplement routine. This product can be taken by anyone who wishes to support the health of their digestive and immune systems.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Helps promote colonization of healthy flora in the gastrointestinal tract*
- Provides prebiotics to promote the growth of friendly flora in the gut*
- Helps promote healthy balance of bacteria in the gut*
- Helps maintain the integrity of the small intestinal lining*
- Helps break down carbohydrates and supports the digestive process*
- Helps support lactose digestion and utilization*
- Promotes the optimal pH of the GI tract, helping to balance the delicate flora existing there*
- Helps re-balance intestinal flora following the use of antibiotics*
- Helps to alleviate occasional diarrhea, particularly when traveling*
- Helps promote regular bowel movements*
- Helps promote nutrient absorption*
- Supports the synthesis of nutrients, including B-vitamins and vitamin K*
- Supports the immune system and immune function*
- Helps support the production of certain immune cells*
- Guaranteed to provide the 10 billion CFU of beneficial bacteria through the expiration date of the product*
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
|Bi-04 (B. Lactis)
||2 billion CFU
||B. lactis is found in the large intestines of most mammals, including humans. It is known for its ability to adhere to human intestinal mucus and its support immune benefits.*
|La-14 (L. acidophilus)
||2 billion CFU
||The most important species of lactobacillus bacteria is L. acidophilus, which colonizes in the small intestine, attaching itself to the intestines' walls. Nutrient absorption occurs across these walls, and by setting up an extensive fortress along the intestines' walls, these friendly bacteria promote a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut.*
|Ls-33 (L. salivarius)
||2 billion CFU
||L. salivarius is somewhat unique among probiotics in that it is capable of growth in less than ideal conditions. It can grow in the presence or absence of oxygen, grows best in the small intestine, and is found in the human oral cavities, intestines, and vagina.*
|Lc-11 (L. casei)
||2 billion CFU
||L. casei is a robust strain found in the small intestine of a healthy human where it helps increase the level of other friendly, lactic acid-producing bacteria. It also helps support immune health.*
|Lp-115 (L. plantarum)
||2 billion CFU
||L. plantarum is commonly found in a variety of fermented foods, including sauerkraut, pickles, brined olives, Korean kimchee, and sourdough. Research suggests that supplementation with L. plantarum supports immune function.*
|FOS (Fructo oligo saccharides)
- FOS is a short-chained sugar molecule that serves as a prebiotic—or food for the beneficial bacteria in your gut.
- Prebiotics help stimulate the growth of friendly intestinal flora, and promote healthy.*
- FOS is fermented by bacteria in the colon into short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs). These SCFAs cause the pH of the intestinal environment to drop, which helps to encourage the growth of lactobacillus and bifidobacteria species.*
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
6. Is the formula kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, this product is encapsulated in a vegetable capsule and is suitable for vegetarians.
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
This product is free of egg or egg byproducts, fish or fish byproducts, shellfish or shellfish byproducts, tree nuts, wheat or wheat byproducts, peanut or peanut byproducts, and soybeans or soy byproducts. There are also no preservatives, artificial colors, or artificial flavors.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Hypromellose, vegetable magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, and purified water.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, as with any food product, there may be infrequent and highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should consider discontinuing use of this or any product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Complete Probiotic Solution with FOS is safe for everyone to take. However, if you are pregnant or breast feeding, consult a health care professional before taking this product.
Complete Probiotic Solution with FOS should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. Can I take this product with Dr. Connealy's other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Complete Probiotic Solution with FOS is designed to be taken with all of the products in the Newport Natural Health line.
13. How should I store the product?
This product does not require refrigeration; however, for maximum stability and shelf life, keep the bottle tightly closed and refrigerate after opening.
14. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Dr. Connealy's Complete Probiotic Solution with FOS is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are tested for heavy metals and are well within the limits set by California's Proposition 65 - the most stringent in the country.
15. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Complete Probiotic Solution with FOS is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.