FAQs for Joint Renewal
1. Why did Dr. Connealy create this product?
Dr. Connealy combined three of the most unique and effective ingredients that have been shown in clinical trials to support joint health in her Joint Renewal formula.
Joint Renewal is more powerful than the traditional combination of glucosamine and chondroitin. The ingredients in Joint Renewal work quickly to not only help promote joint comfort but also to help support joint flexibility, mobility, and function.
2. Who should take this product?
Joint Renewal is designed for anyone interested in supporting their joint mobility and flexibility, while promoting joint comfort.
What to know if you're taking medications: Joint Renewal is safe for everyone to take. However, if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking Plavix (clopidogrel), Coumadin (warfarin), Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate), or any other blood thinning medications, consult a health care professional before taking this product.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Helps promote joint comfort—in as little as 7 days
- Helps support joint mobility, flexibility, and function
- Helps support quality of life
- Provides antioxidants that protect against free radicals for healthy joints
- More than twice as effective in maintaining joint comfort compared to glucosamine and chondroitin
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
||Per 2 capsules
|Meriva® Phytosome [Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Extract (rhizome), Phosphatidylcholine (from soy)] (standardized to 18-22% curcuminoids)
- Meriva® is a unique turmeric extract that is bound to phosphitidylcholine. It has been shown to be 29 times more bioavailable than regular turmeric powders
- Clinical trials indicate that Meriva® helps promote joint comfort, while supporting joint flexibility and function
- Turmeric contains curcuminoids, powerful antioxidants that help neutralize various free radicals for maintaining healthy joints. Meriva® is standardized to contain 18-22% curcuminoids.
|UC-II® Standardized Chicken Cartilage (providing 10 mg Undenatured Type II Collagen)
- UC-II® is a patented undenatured form of cartilage derived from chicken sternums. It is processed under low heat to preserve the structure of the collagen.
- Type II collagens that are denatured (hydrolyzed) may have reduced effectiveness. UC-II is undenatured.
- Studies suggest that UC-II may be twice as effective as glucosamine and chondroitin in maintaining joint comfort, mobility, and flexibility.
|FruiteX-B® (Calcium Fructoborate)
- FruiteX-B® is a naturally-occurring complex fructorborate derived from plants, which includes a highly bioactive and highly bioavailable form of the essential trace mineral boron
- Clinical trials indicate that FruiteX-B® begins promoting joint comfort and healthy joint function in as little as 7 days
- Promotes a normal inflammatory response
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
Meriva® is standardized to contain 18-22% (180 mg - 220 mg) curcuminoids.
UC-II® is standardized to provide 10 mg of undenatured type II collagen.
6. Is the formula Kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
No. UC-II is derived from chicken cartilage, and the gelatin found in the capsule
is made from bovine (cow) and porcine (pig) sources. Our capsules are all
pharmaceutical grade, and are made from the same gelatin that is used by
leading pharmaceutical companies.
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
This product is free of milk and milk by-products, egg and egg by-products, fish and fish by-products, shellfish and shellfish by-products, tree nuts and tree nut by-products, peanuts and peanut
by-products, soy and soy by-products, wheat and wheat by-products, and gluten.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose, L-leucine, potassium chloride and silicon dioxide.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, as with any food product, there may be infrequent and highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should consider discontinuing use of this or any product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications with this product and any other medications?
Joint Renewal is safe for everyone to take. However, if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking Plavix (clopidogrel), Coumadin (warfarin), Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate), or any other blood thinning medications, consult a health care professional before taking this product.
This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. Can I take this product with Dr. Connealy's other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Joint Renewal is designed to be taken with all of the products in the Newport Natural Health line.
13. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle tightly closed and store it in a cool, dry place.
14. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Dr. Connealy's Joint Renewal is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California's Proposition 65 - the most stringent in the country.
15. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Joint Renewal is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
16. I am already taking your other curcumin supplement. If I take the joint renewal, is it necessary to take the other supplement?
We do have different curcumin materials in these items—with different bioavailability levels. The Meriva® curcumin in "Joint Renewal" has very good clinicals showing support specifically for joint health. And both have very good clinicals showing reduced inflammation overall. You cannot overdose on curcumin. They can both be taken daily per the directions on the bottles.